Thursday, January 10, 2013

Ultimate Body Reset Week 1



Here I am at the end of week one of the Ultimate Body Reset. To be honest it’s been a love-hate relationship.

I love the body balancing supplements.  I take them 3 times a day, 30 minutes prior to my meals and I’ve noticed how my energy has leveled out from day to day. 

Days 1-3 I hated that I was craving things I rarely ever eat.  Mac n cheese, spaghetti-o’s, cheeseburgers and chocolate (okay, that one I do eat... frequently!) The craving for coffee has yet to leave my body and I’m not sure that it ever will. I don’t feel like I need it, no headaches or withdrawals, but just holding that delicate warm little cup in my hand makes me all fuzzy inside, I just cant help it, I LOVE COFFEE!  
Day 7

I hate that I come from a long line of snackers.  Usually I have at least 2 snacks in between meals (small ones of course) but the program calls for one snack a day. Removing snacks put me through more of an emotional roller coaster than I ever thought possible. I became anxious and found myself pacing back and forth to the kitchen, like some drooling wild animal. I had to snap out of it and tell myself to get outside, go down stairs and read or just sit on my hands. The kitchen was closed and every delicious little item in there was not my friend right now. 

Days 4-7 were a bit smoother because my anxiety calmed down a bit. I’m still working out as I normally do. I have more energy and the sensation that my joints are stronger and more flexible. I assume that’s due to the supplements and the large amount of vegetables I’m eating, but whatever it is, I love it! 



Another part of the program that I love is I’m encouraged to sit down with each meal and really appreciate the food I’m taking in. To really be present with the process of eating. I haven’t been able to do it every time, but I will say I look forward to sitting down and enjoying my meals.  

As for the scale, my number hasn’t budged. I believe thats due to the fact that I ate fairly healthy before and the portions are about the same, minus the snacks of course. But I have lost an inch in my waist! WOO HOO!! 



Now, on to week two......the colon cleanse!!!! I’m extremely nervous.........But I’m determined not give to up.  Can’t have a new journey without navigating uncharted waters. Here’s to a cleaner colon!

http://beachbodycoach.com/kennarenee
http://myshakeology.com/kennarenee
http://myultimatereset.com/kennarenee
If you have any questions or are interested in doing the reset please contact me!

1 comment:

Kembria said...

Wow Kenna. I can actually tell a difference in your waist from the last picture you posted... and it looks like you have a little tan going on too :-). I commend you for making this choice for yourself and it is inspiring. I am trying to be healthy as this new year begins and I am having trouble letting go of bacon like you talk about your coffee. Keep it up girl! You are doing great! Short term pain for long term gain. :-)