Friday, January 25, 2013

Ultimate Body Reset - The End



“The more you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have.” Norman Vincent Peale 
When I began the Ultimate Body Reset I believed, for the next 21 days, I would be walking on fluffy clouds, feeling energized and happy 24/7. That I wouldn’t miss any of the foods I was eating before.  Pshhht!
I was wrong. There were no clouds. Not the fluffy kind anyway. Some days I was tired and drained.  At least once a day I experienced the HANGRIES. You know, when you’re so hungry that you’re angry.  I was so relieved when I only had 7 days to go. The week days were in control, but this coming weekend just happen to be full of fun! 
Friday night was dinner and karaoke for a friend’s birthday. In order to keep from being creepy-drooly girl at dinner, I simply decided to join them for karaoke. Even then, the champagne was flowing but I finished the evening without one sip. 
Before
Saturday night was a wine and cheese party.  You know I LOVE me some wine!  But I love spending time with friends even more.  There was a delicious assortment of red wine and AHHMAZING cheeses, so I was told. Yet I was determined not to touch anything, well maybe a few grapes. 
By Sunday I thought that I was in the clear. Then I got a call to join my friends at a local Mexican restaurant to watch football. Mexican food is my nemesis, but I couldn’t turn down watching football. Chips and salsa, margaritas and beer flowed with an added couple of rounds from the nice guys at the next table.  I just sat and pounded some good ol’ H2O. My weekend was a success!
Even though I’ve counted down the hours and planned which yummy foods I was going to enjoy at the end, I’ve Reset my mind about food.  I no longer NEED animal protein at every meal.  Although I’ve missed it, I have great energy and I’ve experienced improvements in my body’s appearance and performance without it. Vegetables are filling and I have no problem making them the largest part of my meal. 
I have zero cravings for refined sweets!  Big accomplishment.  I remember that they taste good, but no longer feel like a ravaged animal who needs to devour them. 
After 
The best benefit from the Reset is meal planning. Before meal planning seemed like such a HUGE task.  Now I find my self looking forward to getting creative and cooking at home. 
All in all this Challenge was bigger than I but just as Mr. Peale stated, I came out with more energy and the drive to keep going!  How will you lose your self today?  
www.beachbodycoach.com/KENNARENEE
http://myshakeology.com/kennarenee
http://myultimatereset.com/kennarenee

No comments: